Monday, November 12, 2007

Tylenol Cold is great

Today I have to decide what time I'm teaching next semester. This semester I had big plans for a Monday-Wednesday-only schedule, imagining that I would have tons of fun things to do every Thursday through Sunday, but I ended up with classes starting at 10 AM Monday and ending at 6 PM Thursday -- the least luxurious graduate student program ever. Next semester I'm taking two classes: Directing IV, and Melodrama. I think. Who knows, really, right? But that's a Monday and a Thursday again! Why does this keep happening? I guess I could teach Monday and Wednesday mornings, or Tuesday and Thursday nights. But I hate teaching on Tuesdays and Thursdays! It makes the week seem longer. Wah wah wah.

Anyway, I'm trying to focus more on school and less on hanging out, although school isn't really making such a good case for itself. Maybe if I had my own study carrel... But now that it's the pumpkin-y time of year, hanging out seems magical and interesting! This is the best time of year for my hair, which puts me in a good mood, and everyone looks so great in their scarves and jackets. Even "Linus and Lucy" played on the radio in a bakery fills me with happy nostalgia and makes me want to see friends. I even got one of those peppermint mochas the other day! And I've been throwing down the extra dollar for name-brand whiskey lately, although that's probably mostly due to the influence of others -- I don't know if I can really taste the difference! Also, I've been thinking of reading Eat Pray Love. I've had it on my shelf since my birthday! I'm pretty much done listening to Paul Simon and Morrissey for the time being. Lately I've been listening to Beyonce and the Knife and Joni Mitchell, walking around and pretending I'm in an hour-long ensemble drama... it's always the season finale, and it's a cliff-hanger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eat Pray Love is awesome. I can't believe you haven't read it yet! I read it the week it came out, when it was still hardcover and not a bestseller yet. I just wanted to share that with you because I dislike people thinking that I am a bandwagon-jumper-oner who only does things after Oprah tells me to. Though if I have not done something, and Oprah says to do it, I will. For instance I now plan on reading Love in the Time of Cholera.