Monday, November 12, 2007

on a mission

At the end of my first year in college I was the other woman in a best-friend triangle. Courtney, my new BFF, asked her former BFF Barbara to move out of the apartment they shared so I could move in. 325A Walnut Ave. was a 1 bedroom apartment. Courtney and I went to bed at the same time every night and slept in two little twin beds -- when one of us had a boy over it was always awkward, but that's another story. When I first moved in there were all these used tissues under the twin bed formerly slept-in by Barbara. Courtney reminded me that they were left-overs from Barbara's recent performance art piece in which she saved tissues from when she had a cold, chewed them up, and molded the wet paper into nose-shaped sculptures.

My point is, I'm sick! This rarely happens, but it's really true. Today I went to the gym and I started hallucinating while I was doing cardio -- I guess maybe I was oxygen-deprived, or just tired. Here's what I hallucinated: that it would be a good idea to make a video montage of the movie "Half Nelson" set to the song "Me and Mia" by Ted Leo. I actually listened to the song a couple times in a row, and I guess I was planning the montage in my head even though I can't remember actual scenes from the movie.

That's what makes it a "hallucination," rather than just an "idea."

No comments: