Saturday, December 1, 2007

Possible cautionaries

I'm declaring a hiatus on fun until I finish this paper draft I'm supposed to be working on and get rid of at least 25 pounds (combined) of clothing, accessories and papers.

Last night when I came home at 5:15 AM, the doorman on duty told me he's taking pictures of "everybody" in front of our lobby Christmas tree and asked if he could take mine. I have found him sketchy ever since he invited me to a Halloween party, and I'm worried that he thinks I have some crazy lifestyle since I regularly come home super-late, but I didn't want to be rude so I said yes. Am I going to get sold into white slavery now?? I was wearing a giant ski parka with a furry hood, so hopefully there just won't be any buyers.

Today I was working at the library and when it closed I left to eat a salad at Chipotle. These girls who were sitting at the table next to me were having a whole conversation about Serena van der Woodsen and cupcakes from Sprinkles. I don't know either. One of them was on line right behind me as I ordered my salad, so I knew she was eating a burrito with chicken, extra rice, sour cream and guacamole and that she didn't say "please" or "thank you."

After I left Chipotle, I bought some celery and watermelon and came home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the girls was on line behind you? That's insane! Did she order her food from the Chipotle website to be ready for when she reached the counter? Ah, the 21st century.

-Nathan

zoe said...

That's just racist.