Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Bros bros bros

On account of Christmas being canceled, Secret Santa was a bust this year, but my brother lives in Los Angeles so he'd already mailed his presents! To me! I hope his Secret Santa sent him something really good, because he got me the La Jetee/Sans Soleil Criterion DVD, a Maybelle Carter CD, and slippers. Don't worry though, even if Santa didn't come through for him, it's his birthday on the 27th and I got him a rad present of the Cassavetes Criterion box set and a mix CD! We are so alike, it's almost like we're related, you know?

Last night I went to Max Fish with my friend Andrew. Max Fish was packed, full of lots of dudes that Andrew is friends with and some girls that I am friends with and it was a pretty good scene especially considering it was Christmas, but I was a little bit bummed in general yesterday and it turned into one of those nights where time just passes by and you aren't sure what you were doing. Watching someone play Pirates of the Caribbean pinball? Talking about California, subway lines, love and squirrels?

Late in the night I put a bunch of songs on the jukebox, including this B-52s song "Strobe Light" that was one of my younger-years favorites. When the song came on Andrew was like, "I hate the B-52s" and some guy said, "the B-52s are kind of like the Cramps. If you have the Cramps, you don't need the B-52s." He was quiet for a minute and then he was like, "Actually, it's probably better that you like the B-52s. If I had a little sister, I wouldn't want her to listen to the Cramps."

No comments: