Sunday, September 16, 2007

Too much too young

I should be cleaning my apartment but "Superman Returns" is on TV. Lois Lane is rocketing toward space AS WE SPEAK. I love Superman!!!!

Do you ever worry that you've already peaked? Andrew and I were talking about this on Friday. Mostly, we were talking about this girl we both knew in high school from going to shows. Her zine was the Zine of the Month in Sassy one month, and she was in a band that opened for [a mid-90s "twee" pop band]**. After high school she moved to London, and that was basically the last I heard of her. Through friends I know that she has another zine and sometimes DJs 60s girlpop and Japanese 60s girlpop around London, and she looks the same, down to her haircut!

Anyway, Andrew says he looks at her myspace page sometimes and gets a total "revenge of the nerds" sensation. I guess I slightly worry that I am her. I mean, what have I done lately? How does it compare to how much I used to do? Are the things I make as good as they used to be? Is my gear as fresh? I know I don't really have as good taste in music as I used to, but do I at least have as good taste in general? I mean, I feel like I'm making progress, but am I really pushing things forward? Or, have I peaked? Also, do other people worry about this too, or is it just me?

OMFG Superman's kid is so adorable. He's like a cartoon baby animal!

** P.S. I suddenly got scared that this would show up in google searches for the band in question, because who else is creating internet content about them these days? So, I'm omitting the name, not that anyone cares about them anyway. Blogging is so much responsibility!

No comments: