Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Night of revelations!

Charlie and Cara's friend Max was DJing at Enid's on Friday and I was into it so I went.

Nowadays Justine has moved on to bigger things, but back in 1998 she and this guy James drove my car from New York to Santa Cruz for me. They were on their way to San Francisco where James was hoping to sell a bunch of dead-stock shoes at Buffalo Exchange. He made $500. Remember when $500 made it worth driving across the country in December and the only Buffalo Exchange was in San Francisco?



It was unusual for me to see Josh in Brooklyn, but mostly because it's unusual for me to go to Brooklyn. Oh, P.S.: If you have been missing out on HUGS Monday nights you are missing things like: two different versions of "Hounds of Love" and "Beautiful Girl" in one night, Collie Buddz, "The Obvious Child" and multiple songs from Graceland every night, Superchunk, plus I got Andrew to play "I'ma Flirt" even though (he claimed) it's banned by Lit security. What are you waiting for!

I took this photo and Cara said, "that's a good one, I can tell." Cara is psychic! Also, she stopped someone from getting into a fight with the police!

Then it got late.

Charlie didn't get rabies.

The next day Charlie and I saw "Eastern Promises" which was just great. I don't want to give too much away but if you are one of those people who's been waiting for Viggo to blaze a dude on-screen since he had that close friendship with the elf in "Lord of the Rings," well... I still think you're weird but I guess I can understand you now.

No comments: