Friday, October 19, 2007

What goes around comes around

So, this morning I went to Greenpoint to look at that house, which I think I'm going to take, and it was interesting to talk to the owner of the house who is a mom and an artist whose art is all produced collaboratively with her husband. (I was going to write about that.)

I came home, and -- even though I'm totally poor right now until my mid-semester stipend comes in -- got a lentil soup from the coffee place down the street from me where all the people who work there are crazy. (I was also going to write about the crazy-people coffee place.)

So, I come home, reach my hand into the bag (which is a little soggy already because p.s. it's raining, and I actually bought a $3 umbrella in Greenpoint in response to this weather sitch, further compromising my budget) and immediately I am scalded by the soup -- the lid wasn't on right! So then I put the soup down, wash my hands, come back, pick up the bag again, and the soup spills ALL OVER THE COUCH.

It was just about the most disgusting thing I've ever seen (brown lentils on brown chenille), and also the saddest, and it could have become even sadder because my first thought was "I could probably save some of this" ("save" aka "eat"). But it seemed more important to save the couch. So, I did, although there is a pervasive smell of lentils in my apartment now, which, as those of you who enjoy lentils know, is not always the best.

And now I am forced to eat this disgusting vegan chicken salad that I got earlier in the week at Fairway and that tastes like all it's made with is celery and Miracle Whip. No joke, I think I'm going on a fast because the sight (and smell) of the lentils on the couch plus the taste of this fake chicken salad vegan mayonaisse crap is enough to make me hate all foods 4EVS!!!

IS THIS KARMA??? It's true that I have been slightly full of hate this week but I've done lots of good things too! Maybe I will meditate on this while I wash the lentils from my yoga pants.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Has this blog always been pink? Weird.

zoe said...

Yes, it has been!

P.S.: The Ukraine.