Sunday, October 14, 2007

Return of the repressed Express pants

Oh in other news, I might have found an apartment in Greenpoint, although the girl who already lives there is being a little weird and I'm not sure if it's because she's busy or because she hates me. But in any case it makes me realize how psyched I am to move. Everyone knows how much I love to move! No, seriously, I do.

I'm trying to figure out my fall wardrobe now that it's suddenly fall, and here's the problem: in a rare moment of closet-organization fervor, I threw away nearly all my pants back in August. I didn't really like any of them that much, and at the time I thought, "Well, I never wear any of these anyway!" I'm sure I don't need to spell it out for any of you, but just remember that those pants that made you feel fat in August might just make you feel warm in October.

And I have the same shoe problem -- I tossed more than a dozen pairs in the summer, but now I have, like, a pair of sneakers, two pairs of boots, and a bunch of party shoes. And some flip flops. And, I just went shoe shopping but I bought a pair of patent-leather pumps and a pair of yellow suede ballet flats. WHY??? I blame Tim Gunn for all of this -- why is he encouraging people to have only ten items in their closets???

Right now I'm staring at the pile of cute sundresses on my floor, wishing it would magically become a pile of cute wool jumpers. Preferably already on hangers. This is really one of those times when an intern or wife would be useful.

No comments: