Monday, April 21, 2008

Could this be the time

It's hard to believe that 2008 is nearly halfway over. I finally just bought a date book last week, and at the store, they already had 2009 ones. This has been my worst year ever, but most of it has just been days and weeks of waiting for something to happen or for my brain to be less sad and more into doing stuff. There's hardly been anything that I would have needed to write down in a date book to remember.

I went to a passover seder on Saturday night and the weirdest thing that happened was that to some people, the bitter herbs tasted like cilantro, while to others it tasted like Italian parsley. Traditionally it is supposed to be parsley, just FYI. Then after the seder I recreated Exodus and walked all the way from tribeca to the east village. It was very epic. I fell asleep in my passover garb two seconds after I got home.

As I was getting ready to go to the gym on Sunday morning, I realized my sneakers weren't in my gym bag! I had left my gym bag at a friend's house on Thursday night, and then I had picked it up on Saturday night. I called my friend to ask if the sneaks were at her house, but no. I called my gym to see if they were in the lost & found, but no. They were white New Balances that I bought in 2002 in an effort to jump-start the economy post-9/11, and I was two seconds away from buying new ones anyway. Do you know what this means? My gym sneakers got stop-lossed.

No comments: