Thursday, February 14, 2008

First absurd, and then commonplace.

Last weekend I discovered a cold-weather post-brunch alternative to looking at the dogs in the Tompkins Square Park dog run: looking at the rescue cats at PetCo on Union Square!

On Monday I took a spin class with my new favorite teacher, Derek -- he makes us do unusual yoga stretches at the end of class. And, he says "this song is really good, you guys" before every song starts. That new Cassie single is really good, though.

I went out on Monday night and Tuesday was hung-over alllll day. It was pleasant to go out but not 100% fun. I had this revelation about how old everyone is getting! Like, there's a definite generation gap between the people I'm used to seeing around and the 23-year-olds that are suddenly everywhere. The 23-year-olds are fatter, for one thing. And they have a lot more energy. I guess I was hoping people would start to seem more amazing to me now, if that makes sense, but instead, everyone seems less amazing than ever! And my friend who was DJing kept playing a party horn noise in the middle of songs, ugh.

Yesterday I suddenly got totally psyched about doing lots of work, which was almost a lost feeling in my life. Then, Antonia and I ate omelettes and went to American Apparel and talked about the evolution of our personal styles. I said mine is "'70s kindergarten teacher," and we also decided that hers is "'70s prep school student." I bought a cardigan at American Apparel.

Then, last night, I got a summer job offer in Madrid! And Princeton. What an embarrassment of riches. Figuratively, I mean -- the pay would not actually be that great. Then, today, I did more work. I think that's it so far.

Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

Debbie Ribera said...

I love Annie!!!! That and Nadia. Got both of them practically memorized.