Monday, February 18, 2008

Do you have a style icon?

Maybe you don't have one -- some of my favorite friends do not have style icons.

Maybe you have more than one. I have more than one!

Tonight I am going to tell you about Cindy Wilson. Cindy was my first style icon. For many years I have said that I love the B-52s, but I think it's actually Cindy that I love. When she's performing, she is fascinating to watch -- she's not "theatrical" like, say, Debbie Harry or that girl from Metric, but she conveys a lot of emotion and looks so cool. I also feel a connection to her because she's a Pisces vegetarian, and she had a big brother who was also in the band ('til he died). Plus, she sings "Hero Worship," which is one of my top five fave songs of all time.

But maybe you know all this stuff! Anyway, it was from Cindy that I learned about thrift store dresses, eye makeup, and the importance of having your own style of dancing.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm Cindy, I am a Pisces
And I like chihuahuas and
Chinese noodles!!!