Saturday, August 30, 2008

Seven weeks of staying up all night (summer 1)

Here's all the old news from the summer:

Abi got married! The ceremony was mystical and cute at the same time.



Nora, Pat and I drove to Prince Edward Island for Karen's wedding. Here's Nora in the loneliest McCafe WiFi Hotspot in North America.

Pat is telling his friend that we haven't gotten to Bangor yet, but we're still going to Bangor.

This is the bridge from New Brunswick (Canada, not NJ) to Prince Edward Island. $40 Canadian toll -- that's like $100 US!

They call it The Gentle Island. More like the Gentile Island! Just kidding. It was gentle and magical.


Everyone was camping on the beach except me and Delia. When we finally got there it was dark, and the campsite was a mixture of people trying to sleep (everyone) and people who think they're tailgating outside an R.E.M. concert (us).

The wedding was at Kirby's family's house, literally right on the ocean. My pictures don't really do the location justice! But I don't know if it matters, because is there anyone reading this blog who either (a) wasn't at the wedding or (b) has never been to a house right on the beach? I know that sounds like a controversial question, but I am almost sure that the answer is "no."



Weisses!



Lobstercaust




When we were driving home, Nora said, "I've heard this is the most robbed McDonalds in the U.S.!" Pat said, "does the Hamburgler live nearby?"

Then, it was time for me to go. Not to sound conceited, but people felt sad, like Francey.

And Eddie. Actually, I did not take this picture. It mysteriously appeared on my camera.



And then I was gone!

As I previously mentioned, I went to London Fields and hung out with this dog eating a beer can.

Buildings that look like owls in East London.




The edge of either England or France.

Spain
Spain started to look suspiciously like Southern California as the plane got closer to Madrid.

... And here, my troubles began.

2 comments:

d said...

I love you!

Anonymous said...

title of this entry is from "sleep the clock around"? or ?