Monday, July 14, 2008

Known and unknown

There is probably only one person who grew up on the Lower East Side of New York City and decided that it would be a good idea to move to Winnipeg, Manitoba. Lucky for me, we used to get on the school bus at the same stop, which is how I ended up driving 840 miles (1,340 kilometers) in a rental car to Prince Edward Island this weekend to see Karen get married at her now-husband's family's summer cottage.

I don't know what you were doing on Saturday night, but I was making fingernail marks on Delia's hand and crying like a 14 year old girl watching "A Walk To Remember" as we witnessed the best wedding of July 2008. Ocean view at sunset? Check. Family-members singing Leonard Cohen song? No problem. Lobsters and lentil pilaf? Oh, no big whoop.

I'm not the first person to have this revelation, but weddings are just about the most fun thing that there is. I wish I could go to one every weekend! I am so serious and sincere about this that I can't even bring myself to make a single joke about Prince Edward Island. There is none to make. Everything was just perfect! Even Charlottetown was good because right when we were about to decide it was the most boring place ever, two guys dressed as Matthew Cuthbert walked down the street!

Now I'm back in NYC for three days before I head east once again, this time for Berlin, London, Madrid, and then who knows where. Seriously!

No comments: