Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cannes, canettes

I got to Cannes on Monday and had to walk uphill for like a million years to the cruddy vacation rental where we're being put up.

I forgot an important dress in Paris, my camera broke, I fell down and gave myself a burn-unit on my ankle and a goose-egg on my elbow, my sunglasses suspiciously disappeared during a fancy luncheon, my internship moved offices without telling me, and I still think French people are ehh. But then last night, I was running errands for my (found) internship, and outside the Palais des Festivals I saw dozens of excited people in eveningwear holding up signs saying "just one invitation please for Up."

We went to the late show, I snuck my camera in to take pictures of us in 3-d glasses and fancy dresses, and I cried during almost the whole movie, because it had Ed Asner and balloons and dogs and birds and a fat little Asian kid.

Now I'm sitting in a beach-view suite filled with tacky glass and red metal furniture, looking at pictures of puppies snuggling with a squirrel and trying to decide what to have for lunch for the next month.

1 comment:

David James said...

Apna Showroom Baby Girls' Plastic Hair Clutcher Clips Claw Combo-35 Pieces (Multicolour, Small apsw_hairclipband for girls)
hair clutcher for women hair clips for women clutcher for women or girls claw clips for girls
Tic tac hair clip for girls women ladies combo pack | Long Black | Metal | 3 Designs 18 Piece | Apna_Showroomwith desent look
tik tak hair clips pins for women girls hair clips for women baby girls tiktak chimti tictac hair pin tic tac tiktak saree pins blousepin
Apna Showroom Grooming Hair Combs for Men and Women Lice Shampoo combs set- Pack Of 3 - xzitv-03-inyz
lice and nit removals comb lice louse comb for kids women girls men boys ju nikalne wali khanghi hair comb for men women girls apna showroom